Cannabis Butter Made At Home
Author & Published by: Skinner J.Tyler
During this month I have decided to take on a new approach to baking. Instead of making cookies and brownies, I decided to add a twist to the mix. Today I decided to make brownies with cannabis butter. The whole process is quite easy to do and if you are 19 or over in Canada, it is now legal to make your own cannabis edibles. I’m gonna show you how in easy steps with pictures to help you along the way.
First off you want to preheat your oven to 325°F and procure your herbs for a process called decarboxylation, where you take the cannabis being used and bake or heat the herb for 30 to 35 minutes on 325°F. Using about 1 oz or more is efficient for making butter with strong THC content.
- Step 1: Bring 250ml (1 cup) of water and 250ml(1 cup) of butter to a boil in a small pot while waiting for the cannabis decarboxylation to complete after 30-35 minutes.
- Step 2: Once the decarboxylation process is complete you can take the baked marijuana (cannabis) shake and add it to the melted butter on the stove top.
- Step 3: Boil the cannabis and butter for approximately 4 hours on low heat. It is best to turn the burner to melt (below 1 on the stove switch) so you do not burn up the mixture while slow cooking for 4 hours.
- Step 4: stir this mixture from time to time to make sure the mixture doesn’t stick and making sure the mixture of butter and cannabis, is mixed together well.
- Step 5: After four hours the mixture is ready for draining. Using a jar and cheesecloth, drain the mixture into the jar while the cheesecloth blocks the cannabis leaves from mixing in with the final result.
You can use the butter to make cookies, brownies or chocolates. Anything you like eating or cooking with butter can be used for making cannbis edibles. The process is long but easy and requires very little work.
There are many home made recipes you can use for making cannabis edibles. Even using butter for making homemade made chocolates is easy and simple. I will be posting more blogs featuring tips on how to make such items as brownies, cookies and even chocolates. Check back soon for more recipes and cannabis tips on baking edibles.